If you’re a veteran, a reservist, or an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces who is looking to start a new career or enhance your existing skill set, the Swedish Institute has a number of programs that have been approved to accept Veteran Education Benefits. We work with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs to process all benefits available to advance the education and skills of veterans, active service members, and their spouses and family members.
Other VA education and training programs offer various education and training benefits or increased benefits to certain reservists, veterans, and their spouses and dependents:
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program: This program offers education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of Veterans who are permanently and totally disabled because of a service-related condition or of Veterans who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.
- The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship): This scholarship is available for children and spouses of Service members who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001.
To learn more about these and other education and training programs the VA administers, visit https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/education_programs.asp.
How to Apply for VA Education Benefits
Applying for VA educational benefits is easy. Here are four different ways you can apply:
- Apply online at: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/apply today if you already know which benefit you want to use.
- Visit your nearest VA regional office to apply in person.
- Consult with the VA Certifying Official, in either the Registrar’s or Financial Aid office, at Swedish Institute. This official has application forms and can even help you apply for the right program based on your needs.
- Call 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you.