Student success after graduating is important to us. While your typical community colleges have placement offices, the Career Services Department at Swedish Institute prides itself on being present, visible, and diligent in guiding students with their individual career planning.
Our Career Services team helps students to craft the most effective employment search strategies, learn to write effective resumes, and sharpen interviewing skills so that students can make a favorable first impression with prospective employers.
Although we cannot guarantee employment following graduation, we work with our students every step of the way as they near graduation and begin their career search.
- Student interaction prior to graduation.
- Teaching professionalism on and off campus.
- Seeking quality relationships with employers that translate into job opportunities for graduates.
- Working in collaboration with graduates to obtain employment prospects.
Our Core Activities
- Advise students and graduates in career workshops and one-on-one student/advisor meetings on:
- Resume writing
- Interview preparation and techniques
- Job search strategies
- Professional networking skills
- Salary negotiations
- Guide students through state- and industry-specific licensure or certification processes.
- Maintain an extensive alumni network to provides graduates with job listings, referral services, office rental information as well as general information about their profession.