Swedish Institute is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for every student. Prospective students can request information concerning the college’s Crime Awareness and Campus Security program, either from the Director of Student Services or an Admissions Representative. The Campus Security Report and Swedish Institute’s Crime Awareness and Campus Brochure are also available online.
Part of our commitment to safety and transparency is evident in our adherence to Public Law 102-26, which requires that educational institutions report campus crime statistics on a regular basis and provide campus safety and crime prevention information. At Swedish Institute, we publish the number of campus crimes that get reported to the police and the number of arrests for certain crimes committed on campus on an annual basis, as based upon data collected during the three most recent calendar years. Information about sexual assault and sexual harassment prevention is also included.
Your safety is our foremost concern. For more information, please give us a call at 1-212-924-5900. Below are additional resources on safety.
- New York State Education Department Office of Higher Education, Webpage on Article 129-A of the Education Law
- New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault
- Bias Crimes (including penalties)/Hate Crimes Act of 2000
- Domestic Violence/Stalking/Article 120 of the Penal Code, Assault and Related Offenses
- Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Penalties for Sex Offenses
- Sex Offenses (including Sexual Assault)