An applicant accepted into a Swedish Institute program may be eligible to transfer credits from a post-secondary institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education. Requests for transfer credit should be submitted in advance of the start of class. Transfer credit may be granted if the following criteria have been met:
- The coursework is not older than 5 years (technical courses) or 7 years (general education courses) from the applicant’s program start date at Swedish Institute.
- For the Nursing program, coursework must have been completed within 5 years prior to the Swedish Institute’s program start date.
- The course is comparable in length and content to a course offered at Swedish Institute.
- The course was passed with at least a “C” (2.0) grade as indicated on an official transcript. Transfer credit in the Nursing program requires a minimum “B-” (2.67 or higher) grade, and knowledge must be successfully verified by a challenge examination for Bioscience courses.
- A maximum of 50% of overall course work necessary for graduation from the program student in which the student is enrolled at the Swedish Institute may be accepted for transfer. Transfer credit for Massage Therapy courses cannot exceed the equivalent of 500 Hours.
Program Deans reserve the right to request that students seeking transfer credit show adequate knowledge or skills through demonstration, interview, or written examination.
Please Note: Transfer credit may be evaluated based on an unofficial transcript, but credit will be awarded only based on an official transcript, which is the students’ responsibility to provide to the Swedish Institute.
In certain situations when student requested a transfer of credit based on the previous college coursework, but failed to successfully pass the challenge exam, the Dean of the program or Director of Education may waive the prerequisite requirement for the following course, and allow the student to take it simultaneously as a corequisite.