To be considered for admission an applicant must:
- ·Be at least 18 years of age at the time the practicum or externship portion of the program begins.
- Be a high school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) holder
- as evidenced by a copy of an official diploma or transcript. Foreign diplomas must be translated into English, if necessary, and affirmed as equivalent to a U.S. diploma by a recognized credentialing organization such as Globe Language Services, 305 Broadway, New York, NY 10007, 212.277.1994.
- Be a U. S. citizen, an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in
- the United States or a foreign national eligible for a student visa.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and interest in, the selected program
- of study through an admissions interview and written responses to an admissions survey/personal statement. The applicant must also demonstrate maturity, self-awareness, integrity, good judgment and professionalism.
- Be in good health and physically able to carry out any techniques or
- procedures that are essential to the selected program of study and career.
- Meet New York State requirements for Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- (MMR), and Meningococcal Meningitis immunizations (see Immunization Requirements).
- Score at an acceptable level on any required pre-admission test.
- Undergo a criminal background check if required by the program of study (Nursing and Surgical Technologist).
- Be proficient in the English language as determined by the Admissions
- Director or program dean.
- Provide a completed reference form if required by the program of study.